The Ultimate Career Change Package
Discover, find, and get work you love with our 6 step online tutorial and in-depth 1:1 mentoring
What is this course about?
- Unhappy with your current professional situation and looking for change but not sure where or how to begin?
- Unclear what your strengths and passions are or how to best use them?
- Unsure what direction you want to take your career and why? Or alternatively, have an idea of what you would like to do, but don't know how to get there? And once you have that clarity, want to make that ultimate step of applying for your dream job and then also getting it?
Beyond general tutorial-led guidance, would you like the individualized support of a WYW mentor? To unlock your potential, accelerate your progress, discuss strategies, be challenged, and/or just in general get support along the way?
Why you should do it?
- Discover your strengths and work preferences using our step-by-step methodology
- Defining your career vision and the underlying motivation
- Find concrete opportunities by matching your profile with the realities of the market
- Developing an action plan that helps you to bring your vision into reality
- Get the work you want by mastering the application process with outstanding CVs and cover letters
- Prepare job interviews in a way that you increase your probabilities of getting the job
What will you get?
You will get an online tutorial and 10hrs of mentoring sessions. Concretely, the online tutorial will give you:
- 2+hours of video and audio material
- Career tests and exercises to help you define your unique profile
- Case studies from other WYW participants
- Lots of additional content to motivate, inspire, and energize you along the way
- Wherever, whenever: Downloadable - with lifetime access (we continuously update the material)
- All with no risk – 100% refundable if you are not happy
In addition you will get 10 hours of 1:1 coaching with one of our WYW mentors. She or he will be with you all the way.
The agenda with your mentor could look like this (but you will tailor it to your specific needs):
- 30min: Understand your background, current job situation
- 2*60min: Work through the discovery phase – identifying what you are good at and enjoy so you know exactly what types of roles and environments you will excel in
- 2*60min: Build your vision for your career over the mid- to long-term – where is your ideal future career
- 2*60min: Translate your vision into a concrete action plan and start executing on it
- 60min: Understand the job or types of jobs you want to apply for and the implications that has on your CV and cover letter. Complete development of the structure and content of your CV and cover letter by your mentor
- 60min: Up to 3 iterations via email exchanges/brief calls with your mentor to perfect the content to best meet your needs and provide you with a high-quality final CV and cover letter you can start using immediately
- 60min: Conduct of mock interview
- 30min: Feedback and debrief after the moch interview to provide you will clear feedback to strengthen your interview skills and perfect your pitch and presentation
How does it work?
- As soon as you sign up, you will get access to the first online tutorial (video and audio course), as well as to our download area so that you get all the worksheets, templates, and exercises to enable you to apply the course learnings to your unique situation and additional content to energize, motivate and challenge you
- Access your tutorial from any device, anywhere and anytime you want! In parallel, your mentor will contact you via email to schedule the 30min intro session via skype
- The course is designed to take 8 weeks. Every two weeks you receive a new tutorial – giving you the time to reflect and complete the exercises that help you progress and make the most of this course
- In parallel, your mentor will contact you via email to schedule the 30min intro session via skype
What are you waiting for?
John Wilkins III is a born, bred, corn-fed North Carolina Tarheel hailing from the small town of Mt. Olive. After serving in the US Marine Corps, receiving a degree in Business Administration from UNC Charlotte and a successful career in business development, John happily stumbled upon tutoring. He loves delivering Work You Want’s English online tutorial. Off set, John globe-trots and insatiably consumes podcasts.